Did you happen to make a New Year’s Resolution to organize your entire life, starting with your closets? Are you still stuck in “neutral” and unable to make it happen? One thing I am sure of is this: This year has many exciting opportunities available for ALL of us. How do I know? I’ll let you in on a secret that took me a long time to understand but really works for me. It’s simple but very powerful: OUR THOUGHTS ARE LIVING THINGS. Once we’ve had a thought, we’ve already put the force of that thought into motion. Think of this concept the next time a thought enters your head, and answer this question for yourself: Was it a positive or a negative thought? Restrictive or expansive? Starting to sound a little new age? Maybe, but all it really boils down to is this…Change your thoughts and you’ll change your life. How do you do this? Just focus on the one thing you’ve wanted to do for a really long time, subtract all the negative and limiting thoughts associated with that thing and then GO FOR IT! Once you decide to throw yourself into ANY project, immediately it becomes exciting and fun and you can be as creative about it as you want. My clients continue to amaze and inspire me and I KNOW you can do it!
Let’s use getting organized for an example. How many times have you promised yourself that you would get organized in some way, whether it is organizing your time better or your things? What are the thoughts that go through your head when you think about getting organized? How do you get started? Here are some great tips. Why not try them?
- Pick the area that bothers you the most (preferably a small area like a linen closet or under the sink in a kitchen and bathroom).
- Take everything out of the space and clean the surface areas and walls in that space. Make sure your shelves fit your space. If not, hire a handyman to make the most of your space.
- Group “like” with “like” or categorize according to function. See what’s expired and what you don’t use anymore and toss it.
- Reorganize your space putting the things you use the least towards the back and those you use often towards the front. Use bins to house small items and label them if needed.
- Make a list of what you need to buy or replace on your smart phone to use as a shopping list next time you’re at the store.
I welcome you to send me your before and after photos and I will post them on Facebook for you so you can inspire others if you wish. The most important thing is that you know that I’m right behind you and cheering you on. And, of course, if you need help, just call and I’ll gladly make time to work with you, organizing, redesigning, staging or working with you as a time management or life coach. Many of you also know that I have a dedicated team of service providers to cover every aspect of your home repair and interior decorating needs. Just ask me and I’ll be happy to help you. Be sure to sign up for future emails and promotions on the home page of our website KirnaConsulting.com or visit us on Facebook at Facebook.com/KirnaConsultingLLC.